Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pizzzzaaaa!!

Whenever I have pizza, somehow I am reminded of Ninja Turtles. Yes. Especially when young Michelangelo went "Piiiiiiizaaaaaa"! (if I've not mistaken).


Pizza Power!

My favourite was of course, Mikey. A funny fellow that wears orange mask and bands. I grew up watching these cartoons: Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Aota man (UltraMan), My Little Pony, Care Bears, Masked Rider, the list goes on and on.

Speaking of pizza, I made some for tonight's dinner. Making homemade pizza has both benefits and drawbacks. First, I know what ingredients I used for my pizza. Secondly, I can really stack up as much pizza toppings as I like! *giggles* Loads of meat, pineapple pieces and cheese!!

The disadvantage: I tend to overload my pizza.






Pizza Dough

2 tsp dry instant yeast
250ml-280ml warm water
4 cups plain flour
3 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
Olive oil to greese

  1. Place all ingredients in a bowl, keeping aside 30ml water and 1/2 cup flour.
  2. Knead all ingredients until soft, smooth and elastic. Add flour while kneading so that the dough will pull away from the sides of the bowl. If the dough is too dry, add in 1 tsp water at a time. If it is too soft or stack, add 1 tbsp flour at a time.
  3. Form the dough into a ball, cover and leave to ferment, double in size.
  4. Greese pans with olive oil. Preheat oven to 200°C.
  5. Once dough has doubled, take a portion and shape dough into prepared pans.




Pizza Toppings

1/2 a roasted chicken (chunks)
8 chicken sausages (sliced)
1 can pineapple in heavy syrup (drained and cubed)
1 can button mushrooms (drained and sliced thinly)
1 can tomato paste
1 tsp Lea & Perrins sauce
Salt
Pepper
Mozarella cheese
or any other toppings that you like!
  1. Mix tomato paste, Lea & Perrins, salt and pepper to taste. Spread tomato mixture over dough.
  2. Add desired toppings.
  3. Bake 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Serves: 4-6.


Piiizzzaaa~




4 comments:

pisang goreng 115,NF said...

yeah! pizza
i lovin it

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

My lil pony! LOL... my gal loves that as well!!! and she will sometimes say the tune here and then too! But heard from her that there's only like 5-6 episodes right? quite sad case...

geneoga said...

you're getting so good. I regret reading your blog at 12am and getting ready to sleep. Now I have to go for supper.. :(

Keep it up girl!

New Kid on the Blog said...

Hi, dropping by from IpohChai's site. Love your pizza, and it has lots of ingredients and cheese.... must be very yummy!!!