Friday, August 31, 2007

Strawberry Shortcake

I always had this problem of buying the largest punnet of strawberries and not being able to finish them at a time. Yet, I refuse to buy a smaller pack! I'm so greedy. I made some strawberry-yogurt snack the other day and mum did not like it. I know she loves strawberries but she couldn't enjoy it with yogurt. To compensate for that, I made her favourite strawberry shortcake. I have no idea why it is called a shortcake. All I know is that shortcakes are made from sponge cake layers and whipped cream.



I made the sponge cake with this recipe. Once the sponge has cooled completely, it is divided into 2. A piece of it was spiked with brandy syrup and topped with whipped cream and strawberries. The second piece of sponge is placed on top and is spiked with brandy too. *grins*



The plastic cake case was pretty handy. I notice that the cake does not get dry as fast as when stored in a box.


Anyway, the cake didn't last that long either. 3/4 of it is gone by now.


3 comments:

WokkingMum said...

Everytime I visit, sure got nice yummy pastry! Envy your family. ;)

Bell said...

whenever I see Strawberry Shortcake, I always think of Cardcaptor Sakura. Hehe!!! dunno why... it's a very girly anime food... strawberry cake.

Beautiful cake by the way. I don't have the equipment or the patience to do things so nicely.

lasilasi said...

everytime i come to yr blog, i hope i m one part of yr family =p now this really looks like those super delicious japanese cakes