Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quick Meal



There are times when I have not taken any meal and am already running late for classes, train, meetings, whatever. Worst still, I only have a mere 10 minutes or less to eat and there aren't any edible on-the-go food to bring along. But I simply have to eat or I'll faint along the way.
Instant noodles are an option. They take approximately 2 minutes to cook and 5 minutes to eat. Through many years of experience, soupy ones are not that 'fast' to eat. Kon lou or noodles tossed in sauce are the fastest. That's me... and I'm not proud of those experiences. Hehe..



I was trained not to take too much instant food stuffs that are laden with MSG. But I love them anyway. *bad girl* This fast and simple kon lou Maggi was inspired by my mum. She used the noodles and discard its packet of powder soup base. I guess that reduces the unheathly bit. My mum used to make this for breakfast during my schooling years. Sometimes with chicken pieces and vegetables, sausages or dead yummy fried pieces of pork lard. *drools* I missed those mornings. I didn't have to prepare breakfast for myself

Ma, can you make this for me tomorrow?


Kon lou Maggi

1 packet Maggi mee (only noodle is used)
1 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 tsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp chilli sauce
Pepper

  1. Place noodles in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, pour oyster sauce, sesame seed oil, tomato and chilli sauce into a bowl. Vary the tomato and chilli proportions according to your preference. For a spicier blend, use 1 tsp chilli and 1/2 tsp tomato. Add pepper to taste.
  3. Once noodles are cook, drain out the water and pour into the bowl with prepared sauce mix. Toss and stir the noodles until well mixed.
  4. Serve hot.



Unhealthy, I know.
But when you're in a hurry, anything goes.



5 comments:

spookygrace said...

just ate it today.love it! yum!

De Pianist said...

coincidently i was thinking of cooking noodle when i read your post,and i tried using your ingredients and it's nice~~ ^^

Kimiko said...

happy to hear that you both found it nice. =)

Bell said...

I tried that noodle today... it's yummy! I used Lao Gan Ma chilli crisps instead of chilli sauce though and it taste almost like that IndoMee Mee Goreng!

Kimiko said...

IndoMee? Lol.. I need to try that out. Believe it or not, I have never eaten IndoMee Mee Goreng before. Hahaha...