Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bento the 3rd

Ok, this bento was not made for today nor yesterday. It was made weeks ago for my family and cousin. I just had not have the opportunity to load up the photos from the camera till today. I just found the missing USB cord. I have been using my handphone to snap snap since Monday. Not too bad huh?

I don't know why but I love making these for them. This time I tried frying some tempura for them; aubergine, okra and lotus root. It wasn't easy to deep fry these things. It takes time and I hate frying food. Not only do I tend to overcook them, I'm also very afraid of hot oil spitting onto me. I was practically in a "defensive mode". Covered up with oven mittens and was standing at least 1 meter away from the wok until the thing is cooked.

Anyway, after a few tries and lots of OWW! OUCH! ACK!, I managed it. I think I was in a good mood then to even bother decorating the onigiri.


Dad's bento


Mum's bento


Bro's bento

I couldn't find the photo of my cousin's bento. I think I might have accidentally deleted it. *sobs*




5 comments:

WokkingMum said...

Lovely!! Your family must be very happy to have a daughter and a sister like you!

Oh, I have the same craft punches you have. ;)

Kimiko said...

Haha... hopefully they do. =P
Your kids have a great mum too!! =)

lasilasi said...

how can u make those tiny flowers??

Kimiko said...

i used a mini tulip craft puncher on a seaweed sheet. =)

Bell said...

Do u have egg roll recipe?