Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Warm Morning

Attending classes, baking and preparing a cake that's due this weekend have been keeping me busy. And away from blogging. Sowwieee... I'll try to update everyone as much as I can. There are heaps of photos and draft posts. Eeeps!

I woke up early this morning and made some hot fluffy pancakes for everyone. Here's a simple step-by-step guide from me. Hehe... Hope this will keep everyone occupied till I update again.



Pancakes
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp melted butter




1) Sift together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, milk, egg, and melted butter.









2) Add liquids to the dry ingredients. Mix until batter forms a thick, lumpy and runny batter. Do not overmix.








3) Preheat a pan and rub on a little butter. Pour a ladle of the batter on the heated pan. When the top is full bubbles and the bottom has turn golden brown, flip over the pancake. Fry until both sides are golden.






4) Serve hot with any of your favourite combination:
- butter+honey
- butter+maple syrup
- jams
- chocolate sauce
- peanut butter



Enjoy your breakfast!


2 comments:

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

pancakes.. nice!

eh.. this may sound stupid, but wat are the different types of flour used for ah? e.g. corn flour, tapiocal flour, all purpose flour etc... I very confused about all these flours! LOL..

Kimiko said...

lol... nah~ its not stupid. I don't blame you since they all look almost the same! hehe... they're used differently, most commonly based on each flour's protein content. I'll make a post on this soon. ^_~