Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Have you been beaten?

This blog has always been food food food. Haha... So for a lil break, I'll share with you something that my bro showed me. Russel Peters is a comedian and this bit is one of my favourites. This video is about different parents' style of upbringing... more of how they beat (teach) their children. For me, all I remember was the famous rotan. When I was much younger, naughtier, and very 'good' at answering back, a good scolding, hours of nagging plus a bonus stroke of the famous rotan or uncountable times would be the consequences. And when the rotan went missing, I jumped for joy! Until... a clothes hanger took up its role. *Ouch!* Thinking back, I thank them for the perfect upbringing. Haha... I'm still not an angel la, but I think I'm a better person now. What about you? Did you experience the rotan? Or a tree trunk?

Anyway, here is the video clip. This guy can really act it out! Hope you will have a good laugh too... and fond memories to cherish.




5 comments:

De Pianist said...

Oh him!so coincidence,my friend talked about him to me and today he showed his videos to me,the one about the way asian talks.haha..really funny..

i've only been beaten by a belt once for being naughty by my mum,but after that,i was either scolded or nagged for my mistakes.hmm..but in school,i kena rotan before,maximum is 12 times straight..hurts a lot when i think of it..

Kimiko said...

12 times!! omg! >_< for me at school was the long ruler. haha..

geneoga said...

I'll have a lot to say... :) will blog about this when I have time. :P

bloomingtree said...

OMG...Russel Peters..you've been infected too.

Kimiko said...

Haha... he's cool!