Thursday, May 10, 2007

I love CCC



I've always loved Famous Amos Cookies, but the price really digs a big big hole in my purse. Why must they sell it at such high prices? We know la it tastes good and we've to pay for the 'name'... but for a small bag at RM 11++, I think it's a bit too much.

Anyway, a year back I decided to make my own. I've not posted it up here before (except my old blog), so today here it is. This recipe was found somewhere and I can't recall where I ripped it off. It's a good recipe. Mostly for those who like cookies with a "homemade" texture. They're not as crisp as those sold outside. It has that light floury texture, and are slightly crumbly.

As usual I've reduced the amount of sugar. Just the way I like 'em. I made 3 variations of choc chip cookies. Why? Mum and dad likes it with nuts, bro wants them with no nuts, and me the chocoholic... MORE chocolate!! More chips, more chocolate, more more more!! Ok... I sounded like a chocolate freak.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup white castor sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
225g butter
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and both sugars till light and creamy.
Beat in egg, oil, milk and vanilla essence till combined.
Fold in dry ingredients till it forms a dough, and then mix in chocolate chips. (For a variety of cookies, see below.)
Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes at 190°C.


Divide dough into 2 or 3 parts equally and mix each part with either nuts or cocoa powder, or both for variation.

For double chocolate chip cookie:
1 tbsp cocoa powder

For nutty chocolate chip cookie:
1 cup chopped pecans/almonds/hazelnuts




6 comments:

Myst3 said...

I have linked you in my blog, hope you won't mind!

Your Humble Servant said...

Wakaka, those cookies seems very cookielicious.....

Can beat Chipsmore already I think, haha

babyfiona said...

aw! famous amos! my favorite but its really burns a hole in my pocket..can send some over to me :P

Kimiko said...

myst3:
Thanks for linking! I've linked ya back too^^

yhs:
Wah... can't beat Chipsmore la. Haha XD

babyfiona:
Yalo I liked em too but pretty expensive >_< . Send ah? Would like too, but how? =S

mellisa said...

I've tried making d double choc. I loved it! It was so chocolaty, not too sweet and crumbly! Thanks for sharing d recipe!
Hope 2 c more frm u :) keep it up!

Kimiko said...

hi mellisa. Glad you've liked it^^