Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Creamy Yogurt

Yogurt is said to contain lots of healthy stuffs. Its pack with good bacteria, calcium, protein, B vitamins and minerals and lactose intolerant people are able to enjoy it without side effects. However, it's not easy to consume a tub of plain yogurt just like that. Well, that's for me though. Flavoured yogurt and yogurts drinks that are sold somehow has that "artificial" taste and smell to me. Especially the strawberry flavoured ones. I hate that. Smells like vomit cough syrup. rolleyes

So how do I consume yogurt? Here's a concoction that my aunt came up with. A simple dessert with yogurt goodness that satisfies my sweet cravings as well. It's creamy. The awful taste of yogurt is burried within the sweetness of the ice cream and logan. This has been my family's favourite since.


I know it looks icky. More importantly... it's yummy!


Longan Yogurt Dessert
1 can longan (in heavy syrup)
2 tbsp plain yogurt
4 large scoops vanilla ice-cream

Mix yogurt and vanilla ice-cream till smooth. Drain the longans and stir into the yogurt mixture. Best served chilled.
Serves 4




Even my bro can do it. Simple no? wink


His favourite photo.


8 comments:

adrian said...

looks good, but never try with long ngan, but with papaya is real treat for me. banana good too.

Kimiko said...

Hmm.. banana sounds good. Should b nice with chocolate ice cream. Err... papaya ah. Need to try it out. XD

FC said...

Just happened to stumble upon your blog...I will try this too this weekend! Looks good! Keep posting!! :) Hope you don't mind me adding your blog to my blogroll. It's just too SWEET to resist!!

Kimiko said...

fc: hope u'll like it =) Thanks for adding me. Erm, would u like to exchange links?

fc said...

I tried making it! I don't think I did it the right way...it tasted a bit bitter, maybe it came from the yogurt...Anyway, thanks!

Kimiko said...

Bitter? It should be sweet with a tinge of sourness.
Either u've add a bit too much yogurt or it may be due to the type of yogurt u've used. Adjust the proportions accordingly.

I used Nestle's plain yogurt, Wall's Vanilla Ice cream and Hosen Longan.

kayc said...

Was serching for a simple dessert and found your yummy blog. Looks good! But I'm not really a fan of long ngans nor plain yoghurt. Can I replace it with flavoured yoghurt? What fruits to go with it?

Would like to try this out soon. Thanks. :)

Kimiko said...

if using flavoured ones, reduce the amount of ice cream. Usually flavoured yogurt is sweeter; unless its more sour, then add more ice cream.

Hmm... maybe strawberry [any berry might do... don't choose weird ones though like gooseberry =)] vanilla icecream + strawberry yogurt