Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

Yay!! The kitchen has finally completed its evolution. Perfect timing to create something cooooool for a bloody hot day. Few days back, I watched something interesting on 'Surfing the Menu'. They served ice cream in a uniquely made ice bowl. What more can I say? I tried it! =P It was pretty tough finding 2 bowls, 1 bigger than the other, has the same shape and not made of glass material. Constructing the 'water bowl' and decorating it with rose petals and leaves weren't easy either. Took me a few attempts to get it shaped perfectly. Destroyed many leaves and petals... hope mum doesn't mind her 'botak' rose. *eeps!*

The results...





Chillingly pretty bowls I must say. I filled it up with scoops of vanilla ice cream and drizzled over some home made strawberry sauce. Yuuummm~ This chilled my day. They loved it and no one noticed the 'balding' rose bush. Haha... Only one problem... the bowl didn't survived long in today's hot weather.




No comments: